Up until few years ago, I really didn’t’ like poppy seeds. As a little girl poppy seeds in desserts could have ruined my enjoyment, but not today! Today I truly can’t resist a good poppy seeds cake, cookies and even homemade poppy seeds bread.
I made these white chocolate poppy seeds muffins a few times recently, and every single time it was simply a hit and everyone just loved these. It’s so easy to make, dotted with white chocolate chips that combines perfectly with the poppy seeds.
These white chocolate poppy seeds muffins can make a great afternoon snack or a quick sweet breakfast on the go. You only need one bowl and a whisk to make them, and it’s so soft, rich and melts-in-your-mouth. Poppy seeds lovers – these muffins are for you!
White Chocolate Poppy Seeds Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml. vegetable oil
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 ml. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams freshly ground poppy seeds
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams of white chocolate chips
- 50 grams of melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius degrees and grease the muffins pan well.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar, milk, vanilla and salt into a uniform mixture.
- Add poppy seeds, flour and baking powder and mix well until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and quickly mix in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and fill up to ¾ of their height.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until they set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature and remove from the pan.
- Decorate each muffin with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins warm or at room temperature so they are at their best in terms of texture.
- Instead of white chocolate you can use dark or milk chocolate to diversify flavors.
- It is important to use freshly ground poppy seeds only!