For a long time now, I’ve been asked for a Kinder Cake. I admit it is less my style in cakes and desserts. The use of lots of candy for decoration; there is something just a little rough and not elegant about this. It is definitely desserts that are less commonly made in my kitchen.
But sometimes it’s a little nice to do something different that steps out of my comfort zone. Merav asked me to help her make a cake with white chocolate and Kinder for Damien, her partner, and of course I was happy to help her. Because it’s so hot outside these days, we decided to make it an ice cream cake: white chocolate ice cream cake with lots of Kinder at the top.
The cake is made of crunchy chocolate bottom with Rice Krispies, soft vanilla white chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, and just about any kind of Kinder candy on top, chocolate and cocoa nibs.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Kinder Cake
For crunchy chocolate bottom:
- 200 grams of praline paste or Nutella
- 100 grams of dark chocolate chopped
- 75 grams of butter
- 75 grams of Rice Krispies
For vanilla white chocolate ice cream:
- 125 ml. whipping cream
- 100 grams white chocolate chopped
- 375 ml. cold whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 400 grams of sweetened condensed milk
For the whipped cream:
- 250 ml. cold whipping cream
- Kinder candy in a variety of types
- Chocolate cubes
- Cocoa nibs
Crunchy Chocolate Bottom:
In a bowl place praline paste (or Nutella), chocolate and butter and melt the or over double-steam pot until fully melted.
Add Rice Krispies and mix well until combined.
Flatten the mixture between 2 baking sheets to about ½ cm thick.
Cut a 22 cm base and freeze to set.
Vanilla white chocolate ice cream:
In a bowl, place 125 ml. of cream and white chocolate and dissolve together in a microwave or double steam pot. Stir until everything is melted.
In a mixing bowl, whip cream, vanilla and salt until very firm whipped cream is obtained.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture and mix well.
Transfer the white chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, add condensed milk and fold with a spatula until combined.
Pour the ice cream over the crunchy bottom and straighten the top.
Freeze for at least 4-5 hours or until completely set.
Whip the cream into a very stable whipped cream.
Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a smooth 2 cm piping tip and srizzle mounds of whipped cream on top of the ice cream layer.
Garnish with candy, chocolate and cocoa nibs. Serve frozen.
- The cake is kept in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- The candy and decoration should be added just before serving.
- You can decorate any kind of candy you like.
- Instead of white chocolate you can use milk chocolate in the same amount to make milk chocolate ice cream.