Coffee and pistachios are two of my spouse’s top favorite ingredients in cakes and desserts. I made him this following cake for his birthday, and therefore it had to include both coffee and pistachios. I also added white chocolate, and got a nice, festive birthday cake that is just perfect for special occasions.
White Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream and Pistachio
For the base:
- 150 grams plain biscuits or Graham Crackers
- 50 grams natural pistachios
- 80 grams (3/4 stick) melted butter
For white chocolate cake:
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 150 grams (1 1/4 stick) butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
For coffee cream:
- 375 ml. (1 1/2 cups) whipping cream, very cold
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee powder
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) sugar powder
- 30 grams (3 tbsp.) instant vanilla pudding powder
For white chocolate and pistachio barks:
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 20-30 grams roasted pistachios chopped
- 20-30 grams roasted pistachios coarsely chopped
Base: preheat oven to 170c degrees and slightly grease the pan.
In a food processor with a steel blade, place biscuits and pistachios and grind into a thin powder.
Add butter and stir until you get a damp crumb mixture.
Transfer the crumbs into the pan and flatten to the bottom to form a base.
Cool for 10 minutes in the freezer.
Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Cool at room temperature.
White chocolate fudge cake: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add butter and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler until everything is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Add salt, vanilla and sugar and mix until combined.
Add the eggs one at a time white mixing between each addition.
Add flour and mix only until assimilated in the mixture.
Pour the mixture over the base layer and straighten the top.
Bake the cake for 20-30 minutes or until set on the edges and golden, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate for about an hour in the refrigerator.
Coffee cream: in a mixer bowl, whip cream, coffee, powdered sugar and instant pudding until you get a very firm and stable cream.
Pour the cream over the cake and straighten the top with a spatula.
Cool the cake in the refrigerator for at least 5-6 hours.
White chocolate and pistachio barks: dissolve the white chocolate in the microwave or over double boiler until completely melted.
Place a baking paper on a work surface.
Pour the melted chocolate onto the paper and flatten with a sparula about 1/2 cm thick.
Sprinkle chopped pistachios and cool in the freezer for about an hour until the chocolate sets completely.
Break into asymmetric pieces and place at the top of the cake freely.
Sprinkle some crushed pistachios at the top and serve.
- Keep the white chocolate cake in a closed container for 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
- Instead of pistachios, you can use any other nut that you like in the same quantities.
- It is important to use a very cold cream.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.