Just in time for upcoming autumn holiday season and Rosh Hashanah, here’s another idea for a relatively fast and healthy dessert you can make ahead. These are vegan chocolate truffles with hazelnuts and dates that are so easy to make and so delicious.
The sweetness of the dates combines perfectly with the cocoa powder and hazelnuts, altogether they create a Nutella-like flavor. These truffles are vegan, dairy free, quick and easy – everyone will love them.
They can make a great small present for your guests in a small bag and a nice ribbon. Just the right size of a small treat that will “seal the deal” after the relatively large traditional feast.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Dates
For the truffles:
- 100 grams (1 cup) roasted hazelnuts
- 200 grams (10 units) pitted Madjhul dates
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. natural unsweetened date syrup silan
- Cocoa powder
In a food processor with a steel blade, grind all the ingredients into a uniform mixture.
Make small balls and roll in cocoa powder.
Serve immediately or keep in a sealed box.
- Keep the truffles in a sealed container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- It is recommended to serve the truffles at room temperature.
- Instead of hazelnuts you can use any other type of nuts that you like in the same amount.