If you like chocolate chip cookies – this is the ultimate recipe! Even if you’re not vegan, these cookies are THAT good; crunchy, chocolate-y and so delicious.
It’s very easy to make and you don’t even have to use an electric mixer, but just whisk everything together with a spatula.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Based on this recipe with my changes and adjustments.
200 grams dark brown sugar
60 ml. (1/4 cup) olive oil
60 ml. (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
75 ml. (1/3 cup) water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
140 grams (1 cup) whole spelt flour
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
250 grams dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
A little coarse salt garnish
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, olive oil, vegetable oil, water, salt and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, spelt flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir until incorporated evenly in the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours at least.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form small walnut-sized balls.
- Place the cookies on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Freeze the cookies for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies spread and set at the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar up to a week.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can be use milk or white chocolate (then the cookies won’t be vegan though).
- You can use plain all-purpose flour instead of spelt flour the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.