If you like chocolate chip cookies – this is the ultimate recipe! Even if you’re not vegan, these cookies are THAT good; crunchy, chocolate-y and so delicious.
It’s very easy to make and you don’t even have to use an electric mixer, but just whisk everything together with a spatula.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 grams (1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) whole spelt flour
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 250 grams dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- A little coarse salt garnish
In a large bowl, mix sugar, olive oil, vegetable oil, water, salt and vanilla until blended.
Add flour, spelt flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
Add the chopped chocolate and stir until incorporated evenly in the dough.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours at least.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form small walnut-sized balls.
Place the cookies on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
Freeze the cookies for about 30 minutes before baking.
Preheat oven to 180c degrees.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies spread and set at the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar up to a week.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can be use milk or white chocolate (then the cookies won't be vegan though).
- You can use plain all-purpose flour instead of spelt flour the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.