These vegan banana chocolate chip cookies are absolutely incredible. It’s so easy to make it and it’s super soft and just great for vegans and for everyone who likes chocolate and banana.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) coconut oil at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 200 grams (2 large units) mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 120 grams (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 100 grams dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids chopped
- 100 grams chopped hazelnuts optional
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment place coconut oil, sugar, bananas, salt and vanilla and blend at medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, chocolate and nuts and mix until the dough is uniform and sticky.
Using 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop create small cookies and arrange on a baking tray at intervals.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- In the winter and fall you can keep the cookies in a sealed jar at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. In the summer it is recommended to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to a month in a sealed bag.
- Instead of hazelnuts you can use any other kind of nut you prefer.
- It is important to use very ripe bananas.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.