Brownies are the kind of dessert I truly love to make and never get tired of; it’s always very easy to make, super chocolatey and everyone’s favorite. I recently became addicted to this vegan version and I make them over and over again. With no eggs and no dairy, you get wonderfully fudgy vegan brownies, with a delectable texture and a deep chocolate flavor that non-vegans will love too.
If you want, you can add some chopped nuts or any other addition to the brownies, but to tell you the truth? I love them a-la-natural: chocolatey and melt in the mouth, with chocolate chips melted in each and every bite.
For the brownies:
- 60 ml. vegetable oil
- 60 grams natural peanut butter
- 200 grams of sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 ml. of soy or almond milk
- 175 grams of all-purpose flour
- 70 grams of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams of chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees and grease the pan.
In a bowl, place oil, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and soy milk and mix to a uniform batter.
Add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until combined.
Add chocolate chips and gently fold to evenly spread in the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the pan and straighten the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies sets on the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares of the desired size.
- The brownies are kept in a closed container for up to a week.
- Serve the brownies at room temperature for an ideal texture.
- The prepared brownies can be frozen in a sealed container for up to a month and a half.
- Instead of soy milk, you can use any other vegan milk you like (almond milk, oat milk, rice milk, etc.).
- Instead of peanut butter you can use tahini in the same amount - the taste will change accordingly.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.