Muffins are one of my favorite pastries in the morning. It’s really easy to make and only takes a few minutes of preparation before baking.
These beetroot muffins are vegan – nondairy and contain no eggs – and it’s simply delicious and surprising! They have a beautiful red shade that makes them absolutely irresistible. It’s a great idea for breakfast or as a light snack, and you’re gonna love it.
Vegan Beet and Almond Muffins
80 grams almond butter
125 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
80 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
140 grams (1 cup + 2 tbsp.) whole Spelt Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
150 grams (2 small units) finely grated fresh beetroot
20-30 grams sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 170c and arrange paper cups in a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix almond butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and oil into a uniform mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger and mix until uniform.
- Add the grated beets and gently fold until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter up to 3/4 of each muffin height.
- Sprinkle some almonds on the top of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool completely and serve.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins at room temperature.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other type of nuts you like.
- Instead of almond butter you can use raw tahini, but the taste will change slightly.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.