I love making blondies. It’s definitely one of the easiest things to bake when you don’t have a lot of time and want something quick and easy.
These banana blondies are vegan and so delicious. They are made with mashed bananas, coarsely chopped chocolate and nuts. Whatever kind of nut you like will be perfect – such as pecans or walnuts. They are super easy to make, and if you start now, in less than an hour you’ll have a great treat next to your coffee cup.
Whenever I have a few ripe bananas in my kitchen and want to make something a bit more unique than banana bread, I make these blondies. Everyone loves them!
Vegan Banana Blondies with Chocolate
For the blondies:
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 300 grams (about 3 large units) ripe bananas, mashed
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 100 grams coarsely chopped walnuts
- 50 grams dark chocolate for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
Melt the oil in a bowl.
Add salt, sugar, vanilla and mashed bananas and beat into a smooth mixture.
Add flour, chocolate and nuts and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the mixture in the pan and level the top.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden and set.
Cool completely and cut into squares of desired size.
Decoration: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over double boiler. Put the chocolate in a small piping bag and pipe thin strips over the top of each bar.
- Keep the blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days, but it is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- You can use any type of nuts who like.
- Gluten-free version (also suitable for Passover) – use gluten free flour mix or cornstarch the same amount of all-purpose flour.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.