If you like vanilla cupcakes – you’re gonna love these! These almond vanilla cupcakes are filled with berry mascarpone cream, topped with mascarpone and a sweet fresh cherry on top.
It’s the perfect summer dessert and kids will love it! If you don’t have cherries you can make it with any other berries you like.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Mascarpone Cream and Berries
For almond vanilla cupcakes:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 6 grams (1 1/2 tsp.) baking powder
For mascarpone cream:
- 250 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) sugar powder
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold heavy cream
- 30-40 grams berries coarsely chopped
- Fresh berries for decoration
Almond vanilla cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and lightly grease a muffin mold.
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle-attachment put butter, sugar, salt and vanilla and whip until creamy, airy and soft.
Add the eggs one at a time while whisking between additions.
Add sour cream and whisk on medium speed until it is assimilated into the mixture.
Sift in flour and baking powder, add almond meal and fold just until smooth batter forms.
Fill the muffin mold and bake for 18-23 minutes or until the cakes set, golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Cool the cakes completely before filling and decoration.
In a bowl of a mixer with a whipping-attachment put mascarpone, vanilla and powdered sugar and whip on medium-low speed for about a minute, until mixture is smooth.
Increase to high speed and add the cream in a thin stream while whipping quickly. Whip until stable cream is formed.
Transfer about 3 heaping tablespoons of cream into a bowl, add the chopped berries and stir well until blended. This will be the filling for the cupcakes.
Transfer the remaining mascarpone cream into a piping bag with a large serrated piping tip.
Assemble the cupcakes:
using a Parisienne spoon create a "hole" in the center of each cupcake and fill with mascarpone-berry cream. This can be done with a spoon.
Over the berry cream drizzle mounds of mascarpone cream and garnish with fresh berries.
- Keep the cupcakes in a closed container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can use cream cheese instead of mascarpone.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.