Crème Brulee is a traditional French dessert I really like to make at home. It only takes 4 ingredients and very easily you get a great dessert that everyone love.
Vanilla Crème Brulee
375 ml. heavy cream
1/2 vanilla bean, split and grated
4 large egg yolks
60 grams sugar
Sugar for burning
- Preheat oven to 140c degrees, and place a tin with boiling water on the oven floor.
- Put heavy cream, sugar and vanilla beans in a medium saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- After the cream mixture has reached a boil, drain it and pour about 1/3 amount of cream to the yolks while whisking (in order to avoid coagulation). Then blend in the remaining cream.
- Let the mixture stand for about a minute, so the foam formed during maddened rise up. Skim off the foam (remove it using a spatula or spoon) and transfer to your baking molds.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cream is set at the edges but slightly soft in the center. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Burn and serve: put some sugar over each creme brulee and burn with your torch until the sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately.
- You can keep the crème brulee (before burning) wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze it up to one month.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.