If you like tiramisu, you should definitely give this recipe a try. It’s easy to make and makes that perfect tiramisu dessert, you won’t be able to resist.
For the cream:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 tbsp. brandy or Marsala wine
- 175 ml. (3/4 cup) whipping cream very cold
- 250 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 400-500 grams ladyfinger cookies
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) espresso
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) warm water
- 3-4 tbsp. coffee or hazelnut liqueur
- Dark cocoa powder
In a heatproof bowl put egg yolks, sugar and brandy (or Marsala) and whisk until smooth. Put the bowl on a double-boiler and cook while whisking constantly until mixture is fluffy, pale and thick.
Remove from heat and add in the mascarpone. Whisk until blended.
Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold into cheese mixture. The mixture is fairly sparse mousse texture and that's fine.
In a small bowl and stir espresso, water and liqueur.
Dip the ladyfinger cookies in the liquid and arrange within a dense layer at the bottom of the pan. Pour over about 1/2 the amount of the cream. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfinger cookies, an pour over the remaining cream. Flatten the top and wrap in plstic wrap.
Cool in the refrigerator for at least 5-6 hours, preferably overnight.
Before serving, decorate with cocoa powder.
- Mascarpone must be at room temperature in order to get the ideal texture.
- Beware of over-flooding the ladyfinger cookies – a short dip in the liquid is just right.
- Keep the tiramisu covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.