If you like tiramisu, you really should try this tiramisu swiss roll. Coffee sponge cake filled with mascarpone and Irish cream filling and topped with chocolate and hazelnut barks. Delicious!
Tiramisu Cake Roll
30 cm long cake roll
For coffee Swiss roll:
3 large eggs at room temperature
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. instant ground coffee
100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Mascarpone and Irish Cream filling:
225 grams mascarpone cheese at room temperature
250 ml. heavy cream
50 grams icing sugar
2 tbsp. irish cream liqueur or amaretto
2-3 tbsp. espresso or strong coffee, at room temperature
Chopped chocolate and hazelnuts
- Coffee Roll: preheat oven to 175c degrees and line an oven pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl whip eggs, sugar, salt and coffee on high speed for 5-6 minutes, or until you get a bright and stable mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder and fold gently just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and flatten the top using a spatula.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden and springy to touch.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Mascarpone and Irish Cream filling: in a mixer bowl whip mascarpone, cream, powdered sugar and liqueur until very stable cream is formed.
- Slightly brush the roll with espresso.
- Spread about 2/3 amount of filling on top of the roll in a thin layer and roll tightly.
- Transfer the remaining cream into a piping bag fitted with a medium jagged piping tip and drizzle mounds on top of the Swiss roll.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder and garnish with pieces of chocolate and nuts.
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Put the decorations just before serving.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.