If I had to choose only one dessert that I would eat for the rest of my life it would probably have been tiramisu. This classic Italian dessert is a true love of mine – the combination of soft textures and flavors of coffee and mascarpone is one of my favorites. It’s really hard for me to resist a good tiramisu!
So, I already have my favorite classic tiramisu, and also created many variations to this delicious dessert such as tiramisu ice cream cake, tiramisu cake roll, tiramisu tart and even mango and white chocolate tiramisu. But it’s time for cupcakes too! These tiramisu cupcakes are crazy delicious! They are made of coffee cupcakes topped with luscious mascarpone cream and cocoa powder at the top. An excellent combination of flavors and textures in easy-to-make cupcakes. If you like tiramisu – I just KNOW you’re gonna love them.
For the coffee cupcakes:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) very soft butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 210 grams (1 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
For mascarpone cream:
- 250 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
- 250 ml. (1 cup) very cold whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 175c degrees and arrange paper crowns in a muffin pan.
In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, whip butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and coffee until you get a creamy, soft mixture.
Add the eggs one after the other. It is important to scrape the sides of the mixer with a spatula before adding the eggs to make the mixture uniform as possible.
Add the sour cream and mix on medium speed until it is assimilated in the mixture.
Add flour, baking powder and almond meal and mix only until combined.
Fill the mold with a mixture and bake the cupcakes for 15-22 minutes or until they are set to the touch and a skewer inserted in their center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely before decoration.
In a mixer bowl with whipping attachment whip mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla and instant pudding until you get a uniform creamy mixture.
Increase the mixer speed and add in the whipping cream in a thin stream while whipping until you get a very firm, stable mascarpone cream.
Assemble the cupcakes:
Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with a smooth 2 cm piping tip and drizzle mascarpone cream mounds on top of the cupcakes.
Decorate with cocoa powder and serve.
- The cupcakes are kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Instead of almond meal you can use ground coconut or any other ground nut to diversify flavors.
- It is important to use mascarpone cheese at room temperature so that the cream is uniform and not lumpy. However, the whipping cream should be very cold during the preparation so that the cream will set properly.
- You can also add chocolate chips to the cupcake mixture if desired.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.