If you like tiramisu, you really should try this tiramisu cake roll. This cake roll is made of coffee sponge cake filled with mascarpone and Irish cream filling and topped with chocolate and hazelnut barks. Delicious and a great dessert for hosting.
Tiramisu Cake Roll
Servings 30 cm long cake roll
For coffee cake roll:
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. instant ground coffee
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Mascarpone and Irish Cream filling:
- 225 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream cold
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. irish cream liqueur or amaretto
- 2-3 tbsp. espresso or strong coffee at room temperature
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped chocolate and hazelnuts
Coffee cake roll: preheat oven to 175c degrees and line an oven pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
In a mixer bowl whip eggs, sugar, salt and coffee on high speed for 5-6 minutes, or until you get a bright and stable mixture.
Add flour and baking powder and fold gently just until blended.
Pour the mixture into the pan and flatten the top using a spatula.
Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden and springy to touch.
Cool completely before filling.
Mascarpone and Irish Cream filling: in a mixer bowl whip mascarpone, cream, powdered sugar and liqueur until very stable cream is formed.
Slightly brush the roll with espresso.
Spread about 2/3 amount of filling on top of the roll in a thin layer and roll tightly.
Transfer the remaining cream into a piping bag fitted with a medium jagged piping tip and drizzle mounds on top of the Swiss roll.
Sprinkle cocoa powder and garnish with pieces of chocolate and nuts.
- Keep the cake roll in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Put the decorations just before serving.