Tangerine is one of my favorite citrus fruits during winter time. It’s juicy and so fragrant; I tend to eat it every single day.
This tangerine chocolate chip cake combines tangerine juice and zest, coconut and chocolate and is so easy to make. It’s moist and spreads the most delicious aroma while baking, you won’t be able to stop after only one piece.
Tangerine Chocolate Chip Cake
Servings 2 30 cm long loaf cake pans
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 240 ml. (1 cup) tangerine juice
- zest of 2 tangerines
- 160 ml. (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) ground coconut
- 150 grams dark chocolate finely chopped
- Icing sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, juice, zest and oil into a smooth mixture.
Add flour, baking powder and coconut and mix just until incorporated.
Add chopped chocolate and stir just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan and level the top.
Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cakes in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Serve the cake at room temperature.
- The cakes can be frozen, well wrapped, for up to a month.
- You can use milk or white chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- You can also make the recipe in a 24-26cm round pan.