I love maple, and use it quite a lot in baking. These maple cookies are fragrant, crunchy and have the most beautiful crinkles at the top. They are so easy to make and contain no dairy. If you like maple syrup – you’re gonna love them!
Spiced Maple Cookies
Servings 25 cookies
For the cookies:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 50 ml. (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 grams (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Sugar for coating
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and line baking trays with baking paper.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, oil and egg yolk until the mixture is smooth.
Add maple, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and salt and beat into a smooth mixture.
Sift in flour and baking soda and fold with a spatula until slightly sticky dough is formed.
Using damp hands, roll cookies, dip in sugar and arrange on the tray.
Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies flatten, crack slightly, set at the edges and golden brown.
Cool completely at room temperature and store in a sealed jar.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- You can add or omit the spices according to your personal taste.
- You can use honey instead of maple syrup.