It does not happen much, but sometimes I have a little leftover cake in my fridge. It could be the remains of a cake that I straightened its top or just a little dried-out cake. I keep these leftovers in a closed container in the freezer, and occasionally take it out, crumble it and make these soft chocolate bites.
Chocolate bites made of leftover cake is one of the easiest desserts there are. The satisfaction is immediate because in less than 5 minutes you have the most delicious soft chocolate bites ready to go! They are so easy to make, quick and the result is delicious. I love using Nutella Spread, but any chocolate spread you like will do the trick. You can also use dark chocolate ganache at a ratio of 1: 1 in the same amount instead of the chocolate spread.
Soft Chocolate Bites
For the chocolate bites:
- 150 grams of crumbled chocolate or vanilla cake (or gluten free cake)
- 100 grams of chocolate spread (Nutella etc.)
- Ground coconut
- Crumble the cake into a bowl.
- Add the chocolate spread and mix well until uniform mixture is obtained.
- Create balls and roll in coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
- Keep the chocolate bites in a closed container for up to a week.
- You can use any spread you like, for example Nutella, white chocolate spread, Reese’s chocolate spread, etc.
- You can roll the bites in ground coconut, Funfetti, chocolate candy, chopped nuts and so on.
- You can freeze the bites for up to a month in a closed container.
- Gluten free version: use a gluten free cake in the same amount.