As a kid I did not like nuts in my chocolate and preferred it as “clean” as possible; without any toppings. I really disliked the idea of adding nuts or other things to chocolate, and I always refused chocolate bars with almonds or nuts, including even beloved Grandma’s chocolate roll, which she would add nuts to.
Today it is a completely different story. Over the years I fell in love with chocolate and nuts, and in general – nuts have become one of my favorite ingredients in desserts. A chocolate bar with (whole!) almonds or hazelnuts has become one of the most delicious treats in my opinion. So, I decided it was time to make some quick homemade version of it. This is how these salted almonds chocolate bark was thought of.
These salted almonds chocolate bark is the easiest homemade candy you can make. It’s made with only few, simple ingredients, and the result is simply irresistible. It’s vegan, gluten free and definitely one of the most addictive sweets I made recently. This is just the kind of sweet that is always fun to have in the freezer.
Salted Almonds Chocolate Bark
For the bark:
- 150 grams of whole natural almonds
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 350 grams of dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a pan with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the almonds on the paper and top with salt and a little water. Mix well.
- Roast the almonds for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
- Melt in the microwave or over double steam pot until fully melted, shiny and smooth.
- Add almost all the toasted almonds into the chocolate mixture (keep about 50 grams for garnish) and mix well until combined.
- Pour the chocolate and almond mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper and flatten with a spatula to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Sprinkle the rest of the almonds on the top freely.
- Freeze for about an hour or until completely set.
- Break into pieces of desired size and serve.
- The bark is stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
- You can make the recipe with any other type of nuts you like. The taste and appearance of course will change accordingly.
- The recipe can be prepared with milk or white chocolate in the same amount instead of dark chocolate. The taste and appearance will vary accordingly.
- It is important not to omit the salt! It balances the sweetness and its combination with the chocolate highlights the chocolate flavor.
- I did not temper the chocolate because the snack is kept in the freezer. If you want the snack to be kept at room temperature, you should temper the chocolate so that it is stable and has a perfect texture.