This praline chocolate cake is enriched with coffee and praline, and is easy to make, festive and great for a birthday celebration. The added coffee whipped cream at the top makes it super festive and perfect for any special occasion.
If you like coffee and chocolate as much as I do – you’re going to love this delicious praline chocolate cake. You won’t believe how easy it is to make too!
Praline Chocolate Cake with Coffee Whipped Cream
20-22 cm round cake pan
For the praline chocolate cake:
250 grams dark chocolate
200 grams butter
4 large eggs
200 grams sugar
1 tbsp. praline powder
1 tsp. instant ground coffee
1/4 tsp. fine salt
140 grams all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
For the cream:
250 ml. heavy cream
1 tsp. cream stabilizer or instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
1 tbsp. sugar powder
100 grams grated dark chocolate
Dark chocolate crunchy pearls
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl melt chocolate and butter in the microwave or over double-boiler.
- In a mixer bowl whip eggs, sugar, praline powder, instant coffee and salt at high speed for about 5-6 minutes, until you get a soft, shiny and very stable mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and continue to fold just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and level the top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cream: in a bowl of a mixer whip cream, stabilizer, coffee and powdered sugar until you get a stable whipped cream.
- Coat the cake with whipped cream on the sides and pipe small mounds over the top (using a piping bag with round piping tip).
- Decorate the edges of the cakes with chopped chocolate cake and top with dark chocolate crunchy pearls.
- Keep the cake in the fridge, but you should take it out to room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Gluten-free version: use 75 grams cornstarch and 65 grams of almond meal instead of flour in the cake.