In the summer all I want to make is lighter desserts and cakes; ones that don’t require a long baking time or even turning on the oven at all. All kinds of quick and easy sweets that do not require too long preparation time; and if possible, without using a stove. It’s so hot outside these days that I’m satisfied with the simplest things, the ones that are fun to prepare and even more fun to eat.
That’s exactly what these next muffins are. These pistachio raspberry muffins are soft, fragrant and very easy to prepare. With a cup of coffee or just as a sweet snack between meals or even as a sweet breakfast. The raspberry combines beautifully with the pistachios and adds a delicate acidity and juice that explodes in the mouth between each and every bite. Besides, they are also particularly beautiful thanks to the combination of red and green colors, and it takes exactly 10 minutes to prepare them.
Pistachio Raspberry Muffins
For the muffins:
- 150 grams sugar
- 200 ml. sour cream
- 80 ml. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 210 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams of frozen raspberries
- 100 grams chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degrees and arrange paper crowns in a muffin pan.
- In a bowl put sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and salt and mix into a uniform mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add the raspberries and pistachio and fold gently to spread evenly in the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the muffins pan and fill almost to the rim.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until swollen, golden and firm.
- Cool at room temperature and serve.
- The muffins are kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins at room temperature.
- Instead of raspberries you can use any other berries you like.
- If frozen raspberries are used it is important not to thaw it.a