I don’t know anyone who will say NO to chocolate mousse. This is the most delicious dessert, all-time favorite and absolutely great. This is the perfect chocolate mousse you’ll ever make!
Perfect Chocolate Mousse
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) sugar
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. brandy
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream cold
- milk or dark chocolate coarsely chopped
In a heat-proof bowl whip egg yolks, sugar, water and salt into a smooth mixture.
Put the bowl over a double boiler and continue whipping while heating until mixture thickens and gets fluffy. This should take about 4-5 minutes of whipping.
Remove from the stove and add brandy.
Chop the chocolate and melt it in a small separate bowl.
Add the melted chocolate mixture into the egg yolks and beat until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
Whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold into chocolate mixture gently, just until you get a smooth mixture.
Transfer the mousse into serving glasses and cool for about 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
Serve with some chopped chocolate.
- It is important to use dark chocolate with at least 53% cocoa solids.
- Instead of brandy can use chocolate liqueur or rum.
- You can serve the mousse with chopped nuts, coconut or cookie crumble instead of chopped chocolate.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.