Whenever my nieces are visiting, we make chocolate chip cookies. It’s their favorite cookies in the world, and no matter what other cookies I suggest we make – they just can’t get enough! I kinda understand them. Chocolate chip cookies are timeless, all-time favorites and simply delicious no matter how you make it.
This recipe makes the perfect chocolate chip cookies to their taste. It’s crunchy and crumbly, so chocolate-y and very easy to make. Invite your kids for a baking afternoon they won’t forget!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings 50 small cookies
- 225 grams (1 cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 200 grams (1 cup) soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) quick oats
- 150 grams white chocolate chips
- 200 grams dark chocolate chips
In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment put sugar, dark brown sugar and butter and whip until the mixture is very creamy and fluffy.
Clean the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
Continue to whip another 2 minutes at medium-high speed.
Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, white and dark chocolate chips and mix just until you get a sticky lump of dough.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Roll small balls of the dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden set.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed box for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- You can freeze the dough (well-wrapped) for up to a month).