Whenever my nieces are visiting, we make chocolate chip cookies. It’s their favorite cookies in the world, and no matter what other cookies I suggest we make – they just can’t get enough! I kinda understand them. Chocolate chip cookies are timeless, all-time favorites and simply delicious no matter how you make it.
This recipe makes the perfect chocolate chip cookies to their taste. It’s crunchy and crumbly, so chocolate-y and very easy to make. Invite your kids for a baking afternoon they won’t forget!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
225 grams sugar
100 grams dark brown sugar
200 grams soft butter
2 large eggs
280 grams all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
80 grams quick oats
150 grams white chocolate chips
200 grams dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment put sugar, dark brown sugar and butter and whip until the mixture is very creamy and fluffy.
- Clean the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Continue to whip another 2 minutes at medium-high speed.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, white and dark chocolate chips and mix just until you get a sticky lump of dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll small balls of the dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden set.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed box for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- You can freeze the dough (well-wrapped) for up to a month).
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.