Pears are such a great fruit I love to add into pastries and cakes. These pear muffins combine juicy pears with oatmeal and brown sugar and are just perfect as a quick breakfast.
Pear Muffins with Oatmeal
For the pear muffins:
- 240 grams (1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 25 grams (1 tbsp.) raw tahini paste
- 45 ml. (3 tbsp.) water
- 200 ml. (1 cup) natural yogurt 3% fat
- 80 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 140 grams (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) whole oats
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 4 ripe pears peeled and diced
- Whole oats
- Light brown sugar
- Sugar powder
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease a muffins pan.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, tahini, water, yogurt, oil, salt and vanilla until blended.
Add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oatmeal and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Add diced pears and mix gently just until evenly dispersed in the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the ports.
Sprinkle some oatmeal and brown sugar on top of each muffin.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days.
- It is best to serve them at room temperature. Instead of pears you can use apples or apricots.
- Nondairy version: convert the yogurt with same amount of soy milk or coconut milk.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.