I love combining cream cheese and fruit in desserts, especially in cakes and muffins. The creaminess of the cheese goes just perfectly with all fruit types, and it’s definitely a great combination of texture and flavors.
These pear muffins combine fresh pears, cream cheese and almonds. It’s so easy to make, and in a few minutes from now you can have a great treat next to your coffee cup.
Pear Muffins with Cream Cheese and Almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 225 grams (1 pack) cream cheese
- 80 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 45 ml. (3 tbsp.) milk
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) almond meal
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 3 ripe pears diced
- sliced blanched almonds
- sugar powder
Preheat oven to 180c degrees grease a muffin pan.
In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cheese, oil and milk until blended.
Add flour, almond meal and baking powder and mix until smooth mixture forms.
Add diced pears and mix until incorporated.
Fill the muffin pan up to 3/4 high of each muffin.
Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of each muffin.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted at the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Serve the muffins at room temperature rather than cold from the refrigerator.
- Instead of cream cheese you can use ricotta or mascarpone cheese.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.