You could say I’m addicted to sport. For over two years, I train almost on a daily basis. I started with Zumba class, than added TRX training which makes me feel stronger each and every time, and I also run, do personal training that are busting my ass, Kickboxing for the soul, and Body Balance to improve my flexibility and concentration.
I have an old dream of having a nice six-pack and a flat ab, and am working so hard in order to get it. As a matter of fact, I always liked training; as a girl I used to dance for more than 10 years, I used to roller-skate throughout Junior-High, and there was even a time I signed up to the local gym and did some jogging. I truly believe that in order to enjoy sports, you just need to find a training you like, and from there it’s just a matter of persistence and a will to maintain strong.
Over the past few months, my diet has changed remarkably, because of my personal goal. I train about 8-10 times a week, and therefore have to get my body the energy it needs in order to recover and build muscles.
The following peanut butter energy bars are both healthy and taste great. Making it is so easy, and in just a few minutes you can have the perfect treat to have in your bag and snack between meals. It combines peanut butter, honey, oats and grains, but feel free to use any kind of nut, grains, seeds or even dried fruit in the mixture – just stick to the quantities in the recipe, and you’ll get a different kind of energy bars each and every time.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
For the energy bites:
- 100 grams (1 cup) whole oats
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
- 50 grams dark chocolate finely chopped (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 80 grams smooth peanut butter
- 100 grams of honey or date syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In a large bowl mix oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut, chocolate and salt until mixed.
Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla and mix until mixture is uniform and slightly sticky.
Form about 20-30 balls, about a walnut-size and store in a sealed box in the refrigerator for about an hour to set.
Serve at room temperature.
- You can use all types of nuts and seeds you love according to personal taste.
- It is important to use smooth peanut butter.
- Instead of honey or date syrup you can use maple syrup.
- Keep the energy bites in a sealed box in the refrigerator up to a week.