This coconut passionfruit cake is moist, easy to make and absolutely delicious. You won’t be able to stop after only one piece, and I assure you this is going to be on of your favorites!
Coconut Passionfruit Cake
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 120 ml. (1/2 cup) strained passionfruit juice
- 1 tsp. passionfruit seeds
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) shredded coconut
- Sugar powder for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, vanilla, salt and grated lemon zest into a smooth mixture.
Add juice and passionfruit seeds and continue to whisk until incorporated.
Sift in flour and baking powder, add coconut and continue stirring just until you get a smooth batter.
Pour the batter into the pans and level the top.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Nondairy version: use coconut cream instead of sour cream.
- Keep the cakes well covered in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Instead of shredded coconut you can use almond meal.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.