I started liking passion fruit only in the past few years, but it has become one of my definite favorite flavors in desserts.
The following recipe is simple and delicious – Passion Fruit Pâte de Fruit. It’s made of only 6 ingredients, and at the end you get a great homemade Passion Fruit Pâte de Fruit candy that is gluten free, nondairy and vegan.
Passion Fruit Pâte de Fruit
- According to a recipe of Jacques Genin, with a few changes and adjustments.
16*16 cm square pan
300 grams passion fruit puree
300 grams sugar
pinch of salt
zest of 1/2 lemon
50 grams glucose
15 grams NH pectin
Some sugar for coating
- In a medium pot put passion fruit puree, 250 grams of sugar, salt, lemon zest and glucose. Cook over high heat until mixture boils and begins to bubble.
- In a separate bowl mix 50 grams of sugar and pectin.
- When the mixture is bubbling add the pectin mixture while stirring.
- Continue to stir and cook the mixture until it reaches a temperature of 105c degrees.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into the pan.
- Allow setting at room temperature for 7-8 hours.
- Cut into squares and coat with sugar.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature. On exceptionally hot days it can be kept in the freezer.
- It is very important to work accurately, weigh and measure the temperature using a thermometer to avoid mistakes.
- Keep the Pâte de Fruit in a sealed jar for up to 10 days. You can also freeze it for up to a month.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.