If you’re looking for a sweet breakfast treat – you just found one! These orange muffins are packed with oatmeal and cinnamon are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. They’re fragrant, fluffy and perfect on cold winter days.
Orange Muffins with Oatmeal and Cinnamon
For the orange muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For the glaze:
- 3 heaping tbsp. powdered sugar
- some water
Muffins: Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease a muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, zest, orange juice and oil until the mixture is smooth and thin.
Add flour, oats and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Fill the muffin pan.
Bake for about 12-18 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely before frosting.
Glaze: In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and water into a thick mixture. If the mixture is too thin - add a little more powdered sugar if it is too thick – add a little more water.
Transfer the frosting to a small pastry bag and pipe on top of the muffins.
- Keep the orange muffins in a sealed box in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve the muffins at room temperature.
- These orange muffins are tasty even without the glaze, so it is optional.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.