I use tahini quite a lot in my kitchen, and add it to all kinds of dishes I make – savory and sweet. Chocolate and tahini became one of my favorite combinations lately, and that’s how this delicious cake was thought of. This tahini chocolate cake is super easy to make – you only need one bowl and a whisk. It’s soft, chocolatey and delicious, and if you like tahini – you’re simply gonna love it.
One-bowl Tahini Chocolate Cake
For tahini chocolate cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 120 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) raw tahini paste
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) milk
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 70 grams (3 1/2 tbsp.) honey
- Pinch of salt
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- Halva strings
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil, tahini, sour cream, milk, sugar, honey and salt until mixture is smooth.
Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and stir just until the mixture is smooth and chocolatey.
Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle over chocolate chips.
Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool slightly at room temperature.
Chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
Add heavy cream and solvents together in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Pour the ganache over the cake and let cool completely in the refrigerator.
When the cake is completely cold extract it from the pan and garnish with halva strings at the top.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- You can decorate the cake with chopped walnuts.