These oatmeal cookies are soft, easy to make and perfect for a sweet, light breakfast or snack. With cranberries and almonds these cookies are simply delicious and even kids love it.
Oatmeal Cookie with Cranberries and Almonds
- 200 grams (1 cup) soft butter
- 200 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 350 grams (3 1/2 cups) whole oats
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) almonds coarsely chopped
- 120 grams dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 165c degrees.
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, put butter, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and mix on high speed until creamy and soft.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, oats, almonds and cranberries and mix just until the dough comes together.
Using 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop create small balls of dough and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the top a little with your hands.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges are set and center still looks a bit soft.
Cool completely and store in a sealed jar.
- It is important to use whole oats and not quick oats.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- You can use any kind of nut you like, and/or add chocolate chips.
- Cranberries can be substitute with chopped dried fruit.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.