Whenever I’m a little sad, I step into the kitchen and make some cookies. Cookies are such a great treat and so easy to make – your mood just has to get better!
These chocolate oatmeal cookies are full of dark chocolate and crunchy oatmeal and are chewy, moist and so delicious!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) butter or 120 grams coconut oil
- 200 grams (a little less than 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) spelt flour
- 80 grams (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) whole oats
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
Add butter and melt together in the microwave or over double boiler until melted.
Add sugar and whisk until incorporated.
Add the eggs one at a time, stirring between the additions.
Add salt, cinnamon, baking soda, spelt flour, white flour, cocoa powder and oatmeal and mix just until slightly sticky dough forms.
Cool the dough for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 180c degrees.
Form small balls of dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Flatten the top of the cookies with your hands and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies set on the edges but slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed box for up to a week.
- You can add chopped nuts and or dried fruits to the dough.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.