I love Nutella, and I use it quite a lot in my recipes. This is a great Nutella parfait which combines Nutella chocolate spread, cream cheese and chocolate streusel on top. It’s easy to make and will make a great dessert for Valentine’s day.
For chocolate streusel:
- 75 grams (3/4 stick) cold butter cut into cubes
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
For cream cheese and Nutella cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold heavy cream
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) sugar powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 250 grams (1 pack) cream cheese or mascarpone
- 200 grams Nutella
For vanilla Chantilly cream:
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) cold heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For hazelnut and coconut nougatine tuille (optional):
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) butter
- 50 grams (2 tbsp.) corn syrup
- 60 grams (6 tbsp.) sugar
- 35 grams (1/3 cup) chopped hazelnuts
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
- Toasted coconut chips
Chocolate streusel: preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a food processor with a steel blade blend butter, flour, cocoa, sugar and salt mixture crumbly.
Transfer the crumbs into a pan lined with baking paper and bake for about 12-15 minutes until set and fully baked.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Cream cheese and Nutella cream: Whip heavy cream, sugar powder, cocoa powder, cream cheese and Nutella until you get a stable cream.
Transfer the cream into a piping bag with a round piping tip and refrigerate until assembling the dessert.
Coconut and hazelnut nougatine tuilles: preheat oven 190c degrees and line an oven pan with baking paper.
In a small saucepan melt butter, corn syrup and sugar and cook until 106c degrees.
Add hazelnuts and coconut and mix until blended.
Pour the mixture onto the baking paper and flatten the top.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Once cooled completely, nougatine will set.
Break the nougatine into medium-sized asymmetrical pieces and keep in an airtight container until assembling the dessert.
Vanilla Chantilly cream: whip heavy cream and vanilla until stable.
Assemble the dessert: place about 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate streusel at the bottom of each glass.
Drizzle over Nutella and cream cheese generously.
Using a spoon, place a small mound of Chantilly cream over the mousse.
Garnish with nougatine tuille and toasted coconut chips.
- Keep the Nutella parfait desserts (without decorations) for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Instead of cream cheese you can use mascarpone cheese in the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.