If you like chocolate and coconut – these coconut chocolate muffins will be one of your favorites. They are so easy to make and require only one bowl and a whisk, so chocolatey, soft and yummy, and kids LOVE them.
Chocolate and coconut is such a delicious combo of flavors and these coconut chocolate muffins are just the perfect treat for all of you chocolate coconut lovers.
Coconut Chocolate Muffins
For the coconut chocolate muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 200 ml. (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp.) soy or coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 20 grams shredded coconut
- 50 grams chocolate chips
For shiny chocolate frosting:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) coconut cream at least 17% fat
- 100 grams dark chocolate chopped
- Slightly toasted coconut for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, soy milk, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
Sift in cocoa, flour and baking powder, add the coconut and continue to mix until incorporated.
Transfer the mixture into the muffin pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Bake the muffins for about 15-20 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely at room temperature.
Chocolate frosting: in a small bowl put coconut cream and dark chocolate and melt in the microwave. Stir until all the chocolate melts and mixture is shiny.
Pour 1-2 teaspoons of frosting over each muffin and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.
- Keep the muffins close container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.