If you like chocolate and coconut – these coconut chocolate muffins will be one of your favorites. They are so easy to make and require only one bowl and a whisk, so chocoltey, soft and yummy, and kids LOVE them.
Chocolate and coconut is such a delicious combo of flavors and these coconut chocolate muffins are just the perfect treat for all of you chocolate coconut lovers.
Coconut Chocolate Muffins
For the coconut chocolate muffins:
2 large eggs
150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
200 ml. soy or coconut milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
40 grams (4 tbsp.) cocoa powder
100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
20 grams shredded coconut
50 grams chocolate chips
For shiny chocolate frosting:
100 grams coconut cream (at least 17% fat)
100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
Slightly toasted coconut for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, soy milk, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Sift in cocoa, flour and baking powder, add the coconut and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely at room temperature.
- Chocolate frosting: in a small bowl put coconut cream and dark chocolate and melt in the microwave. Stir until all the chocolate melts and mixture is shiny.
- Pour 1-2 teaspoons of frosting over each muffin and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.
- Keep the muffins close container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.