Nondairy Apple Cake
3 large eggs
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
100 grams dark brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
200 grams (1 cup) vegetable oil
125 ml. (1/2 cup) water
210 grams all-purpose flour
180 grams whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3-4 large granny smith apples
3 heaping tbsp.. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, dark brown sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, oil and water mixture is smooth.
- Add in flour and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
- Peel the apples and cut into small cubes.
- Add the diced apples and stir just until it spreads evenly.
- Transfer the mixture into the pans and level the top.
- Bake for about 35-45-minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before decoration.
- Topping: In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and water into a thick mixture. If the mixture is too thin – add a little more powdered sugar if it is too thick – add a little water.
- Transfer the mixture to a small piping bag and pipe thin stripes on the cake.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- Instead of making the icing you can just sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Pears, peaches and even persimmons can be used instead of apples.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.