Lately I find myself struggling against time. We’re about to move next month, and I have almost no time to bake or photograph.
Having said that, the person who is most affected by my lack of time to bake is my spouse, who’s used to having lots of sweets in the house.
I try to make some time to bake as much as I can, because this is my kind of therapy, and it makes me calm in this somewhat stressed time. This strawberry pie recipe is one of the fastest and so delicious pies I’ve made in the past months.
It’s super easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes of work. On a quick no-bake biscuits (or Graham Crackers) crust lays a strawberry yogurt layer, on top there’s vanilla yogurt cream and lots of fresh strawberries. You won’t believe how easy it is to make it!
No-Bake Yogurt Strawberry Pie
24 cm round pie pan
For the crust:
200 grams plain biscuits or graham crackers (see notes for gluten free version)
100 grams melted butter
For the filling:
120 ml. strawberry yogurt
For the vanilla and yogurt cream:
240 ml. Natural Greek yogurt 7% fat
250 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream
50 grams sugar powder
1 tbsp. pudding powder or cream stabilizer
1 tsp. vanilla extract
150-200 grams fresh strawberries, sliced
- Crust: in a food processor with a steel blade grind biscuits into a fine powder.
- Add melted butter and process until the mixture is moist.
- Tighten the crumbs to the bottom and sides of a pie pan and chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Spread strawberry yogurt over the crust in a thin layer.
- Vanilla and yogurt cream: in a mixer bowl with a whipping attachment put yogurt, cream, powdered sugar, pudding and vanilla and whip on high speed until creamy and very stable.
- Transfer the cream into a pastry bag fitted with serrated 2 cm piping tip.
- Drizzle generous mounds of cream into the crust.
- Arrange sliced strawberries in the central part.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving to set.
- The pie is at its best on the day or two after preparation.
- In the summer you can use cherries, raspberries or other berries you love instead of strawberries.
- Keep the pie in the refrigerator in a closed container.
- Gluten-free version: use gluten free biscuits or cookies for the crust.