This chocolate parfait dessert is some-what a combination of an English trifle and Tiramisu. It’s made of mascarpone and coffee cream layered with chocolate ganache and Oreo crumbs.
You will only need a few minutes to make it because it’s so easy to make, and the result is both delicious and beautiful.
Mascarpone, Coffee and Chocolate Parfait
For mascarpone and espresso cream:
250 grams mascarpone cheese at room temperature
80 grams sugar powder
30 ml. espresso
1 tsp. Irish Cream (optional)
250 ml. cold whipping cream
For dark chocolate ganache:
180 ml. whipping cream
180 grams dark chocolate
3-4 packets of crushed Oreo cookies
A little grated chocolate for decoration
- Mascarpone and espresso cream: in a mixer bowl with a whipping attachment, place mascarpone, powdered sugar, espresso and Irish Cream and whip at high speed until creamy.
- Add the cream in a thin stream and continue to whip until you get a firm cream.
- Keep the cream refrigerated until assembly.
- Chocolate ganache: in a small pot heat the cream to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate, wait about a minute and whisk until uniform, shiny ganache is formed.
- Cool the ganache at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Assemble the cups: at the bottom of each glass, place about a 1-2 tablespoons of ganache.
- Place the cookie crumbs over the ganache.
- Pipe a generous layer of mascarpone and espresso cream on top.
- Over the mascarpone cream, add more cookie crumbs, and another 1-2 tablespoons of ganache.
- Pipe the remaining mascarpone cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
- It is important to use room temperature mascarpone.
- You can use plain cream cheese instead of mascarpone.
- Keep the desserts well wrapped in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.