I love cherries, and as soon as it arrived to the market, I cannot resist but buy a whole lot of it. When it comes to fresh cherries; I have no limits and can eat a whole bowl filled with cherries without even noticing.
This marbled cherry and pistachio cake combined two of my favorite ingredients in one delicious cake. The pistachios make the cake nutty and light green, the cherries add juiciness and tenderness; and this is definitely one of the best cakes you can make in the summer.
Marbled Cherry and Pistachio Cake
For the cake:
- 150 grams soft butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150 grams all-purpose flour
- 60 grams cornstarch
- 5 grams baking powder
- 50 ml. milk
- 40 grams pistachio paste
- 300 grams pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 160c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle-attachment beat butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, until completely incorporated and mixture is completely smooth.
- Sift in flour, cornstarch and baking powder, and continue to blend just until incorporated.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the mixture into another bowl. Add milk and pistachio paste into the 1/3 of mixture and whisk until incorporated. Add in the cherries and stir.
- Pour about 1/2 of plain batter onto the bottom of the pan and level the surface. Pour over the cherry and pistachio mixture and top with the remaining plain batter. Smooth the top and form a marble shape using a long knife or skewer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Serve at room temperature.