These pecan and cinnamon maple cupcakes are delicious, moist and so easy to make. It’s the perfect treat for Rosh Ha’Shana and for every day of the week. Kids will love making then and eating them!
Pecan and Cinnamon Maple Cupcakes
12 maple cupcakes
For the pecan maple cupcakes:
3 large eggs
100 (1/2 cup) grams sugar
50 grams (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
200 ml.(1 cup) sour cream
100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
175 grams(1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
50 grams (1/2 cup) ground pecans
1.5 tsp. baking powder
50 grams (3 tbsp.) maple syrup for brushing
Cream cheese and cinnamon cream:
125 grams (1/2 pack) cream cheese
125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar powder
1 tsp. cream stabilizer or instant vanilla pudding mix
Roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Pecan maple cupcakes: preheat oven to 170c degrees and line a muffin pan with parchment paper baking molds.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, maple, vanilla, salt, sour cream and oil until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, ground pecans and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and fill about 3/4 height of each mold.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cakes are golden and a toothpick inserted at the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Brush the cupcakes with maple syrup generously until absorbed.
- Cool completely before decoration.
- Cream cheese and cinnamon cream: in a bowl of a mixer, whip the cream cheese, heavy cream, cinnamon, powdered sugar and stabilizer until you get a uniform and stable cream.
- Transfer the cream into a piping bag fitted with jagged piping tip and drizzle mounds of cream on top of the cupcakes.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and serve.
- Keep the cupcakes in a sealed box in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Instead of pecans you can use any other kind of nut you like.
- You can use honey or date syrup instead of maple.