Just in time for the upcoming Rosh Hashana – maple and cinnamon honey cookies that are so sweet, chewy and delicious next to a tea cup. Put it in a small bag, seal it with a colorful ribbon and it’s a great present for holiday season!
Maple and Cinnamon Honey Cookies
According to Rinat Tzadok recipe with some changes and adjustments
Servings 60 small cookies
For the cookies:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) honey
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 120 grams (120 cup) dark brown sugar
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 180 grams (1 1/4 cups) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 120 grams sugar powder
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle-attachment put honey, maple, sugar, oil, cinnamon, ginger and egg and mix on medium speed until blended.
Add flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until the dough is soft.
Flatten the dough and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Make small balls of dough and dip each ball with powdered sugar.
Arrange the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes until cookies crack and set.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies for up to a week in a sealed jar.
- If you want to - you can freeze the cookies for up to a month.
- You can add or omit spices according to personal taste.