40 small macarons
For orange macaron shells:
150 grams almond meal
150 grams sugar powder
55 grams egg whites
150 grams sugar
40 ml. water
55 grams egg whites
Pinch of salt
Yellow food coloring to taste
Red food coloring to taste
Mango cream filling:
150 grams white chocolate
40 grams mango puree
- Blend almond meal and sugar powder until mixture is very thin and sift.
- Add in 55 grams of egg whites and mix until you get a smooth paste.
- In a small saucepan put sugar and water and heat over high heat. Cook until the syrup reaches 118c degrees. When the syrup reaches 105 degrees begin to whisk 55 grams of egg whites and salt at medium speed in an electric mixer with whipping hook.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, increase the speed of the mixer to high and gradually add the syrup in a thin stream, while whipping.
- Beat for 5-6 minutes until very stable and glossy meringue forms.
- Add about 1/3 of the meringue into the almond mixture and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add in the remaining meringue and fold gently but firmly until the mixture is smooth and shiny and has a thick texture that resembles a pound cake batter. Towards the end of the folding gradually add food coloring to taste.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with 1 cm round piping tip and pipe small macaron shells with intervals on a baking silicon mat.
- Leave the macarons for about 30-40 minutes at room temperature to set and dry a bit before baking.
- Preheat oven to 150c degrees.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and gently extract from the pan.
- Mango cream: chop the chocolate and put in a small bowl.
- Add mango puree and solvents together in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for about an hour until cream is set and ready for piping.
- Transfer the cream into a pastry bag and fill the macarons.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day before serving.
- Macarons can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze the macaron shells in a sealed container for a week.
- Instead of mango puree you can use passionfruit puree.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.