As someone who makes chocolate brownies on a weekly basis (not to say more than just once a week), my most-used cake pan is the square brownie pan. It’s one of my favorite desserts to make, simply because it’s easy to make and everyone’s favorite.
Few years ago, when I discovered white chocolate blondies – the golden version to the dark chocolate brownies, I was happy to finally have something new to get addicted to in my kitchen. So, I started making blondies just as much as I bake brownies, and both of them are truly my top favorite desserts to make on short notice.
These macadamia white chocolate blondies are quick, golden and fragrant, and dotted with chopped macadamia nuts, which are so delicious and buttery. You will only need one bowl to make these blondies, and even kids love them!
Macadamia White Chocolate Blondies
Based on Martha Stewart's recipe, with a few changes and adjustments
For the blondies:
- 100 grams melted butter
- 120 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.) light brown sugar
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 2 tbsp. rum
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams white chocolate chips
- 100 grams chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl put melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar and whisk until blended.
Add eggs, vanilla extract, salt and rum and continue to mix until smooth.
Sift in flour, add the white chocolate and macadamia nuts, and stir with a spatula just until blended completely.
Transfer the mixture into the pan, flatten the top and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top, but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Blondies are best at room temperature.
- Keep the blondies in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Instead of macadamia you can use any kind of nut you like.
- It is important not to give up the vanilla extract and salt.
- You can freeze the blondies in a sealed container for up to a month.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.