This lemon yogurt cake is super soft, easy to make and has the perfect sweet and sour yogurt glaze. It’s the perfect treat next to your coffee cup.
Lemon Yogurt Cake
Servings 2 loaf pans (25 cm in length)
- 3 large eggs
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 50 ml. (3 tbsp.) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 100 ml. (1/2 cup) plain 3% fat yogurt
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 grams (1 tsp.) baking powder
For yogurt glaze:
- 1 tbsp. plain 3% fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 5-6 tbsp. sugar powder
Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
In your mixer bowl, put together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and beat for about 4-5 minutes, until the mixture is very airy and fluffy.
Add the lemon zest and juice and continue beating.
Mix the oil and yogurt together and add to the batter while still mixing it slowly.
When the mixture in unified, sift in the flour and baking powder, and fold until you get a smooth batter.
Transfer the batter into loaf pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with some moist crumbs.
Cool cake completely before glazed.
Sour yogurt glaze: Mix all the ingredients together until the mixture is white and sticky.
Use a spoon and drizzle the yogurt glaze over the cake.
Serve the cake at
- Keep the cakes in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve at room temperature. Instead of lemon you can use lime.