These following Linzer cookies are sandwiched with jam inside and will forever remind me of my childhood. These are definitely my top favorite jam cookies, simply because it’s delicious, easy to make and so beautiful.
Jam Linzer Cookies
For the dough:
- 150 grams (1 cup + 1 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold butter cut into cubes
- 60 grams (6 tbsp.) icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cold milk
For the filling:
- 1/2 jar strawberry or raspberry jam
- icing sugar
Make the dough: In a food processor with a steel blade put flour, butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and process until mixture is crumbly.
Add milk and continue processing just until large clumps of dough form.
Transfer the dough chunks on a lightly floured work surface, flatten to a disc-shape and wrap with plastic wrap. Cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
On a floured surface, roll the dough into a circle about 3 mm thick.
Cut into small flowers (or any other shape) and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
With small cap cut a small circle in the center of 1/2 of the cookies to create a hole.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Cool completely at room temperature before filling.
Fill approximately 1/2 teaspoon of jam between each set of cookies and sandwich them gently.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a closed container at room temperature up to a week.
- It is important to work the dough as little as possible in order for it to remain crispy.
- You can fill the cookies with any other filling you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.