Irish Cream is such a great addition to desserts, it’s simply a shame I don’t use it quite often. It’s fragrant, delicious and combines perfectly with chocolate. I decided to make this Irish Cream chocolate mousse cups as a quick dessert for a little gathering we had a few days ago, and it was a HIT!
Everyone simply LOVED it and asked for more, I couldn’t believe how I neglected this delicious ingredient up until now. If you like Irish cream – you really should try these delicious chocolate mousse cups.
Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse with Whipped Cream
For Irish cream chocolate mousse:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 45 ml. simple syrup see explanatory notes
- Pinch of salt
- 10 ml. Irish cream liqueur
- 100 grams melted dark chocolate
- 250 ml. heavy cream whipped to soft peaks
For the cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar powder optional
- Crushed cocoa beans
In a fire-proof bowl, whip egg yolks, simple syrup and salt into a smooth mixture.
Put the bowl over double boiler and whisk while cooking until mixture thickens slightly clarified (this should take about 4-5 minutes).
Add in the Irish cream and continue to whisk for another minute until blended. Remove from heat.
Add in the melted chocolate and beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
Gently fold in the whipped cream until you get a stable mousse.
Transfer the mousse into individual serving dishes and keep refrigerated.
In a bowl of a mixer with a whipping-attachment, whip cream and vanilla until firm.
Put a little whipped cream on top of each dessert and decorate with cocoa beans.
- Simple syrup is made by boiling equal amounts of sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Cool and keep refrigerated until use.
- Keep the desserts in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- You can use any other kind of liqueur instead of Irish cream.