Rosh Hashana is coming real soon, and this is just the time to think of easy and delicious holiday treats.
These honey muffins with streusel are so easy to make, soft, fragrant and delicious. It’s the perfect treat to serve your guests next to a coffee cup on holiday season!
Honey Muffins with Streusel
for the honey muffins:
3 large eggs
75 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
160 grams (1/2 cup) honey
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
125 ml. (1/2 cup) strong coffee or tea, lukewarm
210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
For the streusel:
25 grams cold butter, cut into cubes
25 grams (2 tbsp.) light brown sugar
Pinch of salt
35 grams walnut or almond meal
25 grams (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and place paper crowns in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, honey, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, oil and coffee until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix only until you get a uniform batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and fill up to 3/4 of each outlet height.
- Streusel: in a medium bowl, place cubes of butter, sugar, salt, ground nuts and flour and mix with the hands until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle crumbs at the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and set, and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- The muffins can be frozen for up to a month.
- Instead of honey you can use Maple syrup or Date syrup in the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.