Biscotti are Italian cookies that are so easy to make and perfect to dip in a coffee cup. This version combines chocolate chips and hazelnuts and is crunchy and absolutely delicious.
Hazelnuts and Chocolate Chip Biscotti
For the chocolate chip biscotti cookies:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. brandy
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 6 grams (1 1/2 tsp.) baking powder
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) whole hazelnuts
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate
In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment put butter, sugar, salt and vanilla and whisk at high speed until the mixture is creamy and soft.
Clean the sides of the bowl using a spatula and add the eggs one-by-one, while mixing between additions.
Add brandy and mix until blended.
Add flour, baking powder, nuts and chocolate and mix just until slightly sticky dough is formed.
With slightly wet hands transfer the dough into baking pan lined with baking paper and divide into 2 parts.
Form each part of the dough in a long loaf.
Preheat oven to 160c degrees.
Bake the loaves for about 25-35 minutes or until golden.
Cool the loaves completely at room temperature.
Using a serrated knife cut 1 inch thick cookies and put on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Reduce the oven temperature to 140 degrees and bake the cookies for 20-30 minutes or until golden and a little hard time margin.
Cool completely on a cooling rack and store in a sealed container.
- You can use any nut you like instead of hazelnuts.
- Keep the biscotti in a sealed container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- You can also freeze the cookies for up to ta month.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.