If you like chocolate and hazelnut – you have to try this special cheesecake, which combines them both. It’s so decadent, beautiful, rich and delicious, and even though the cake looks like a lot of work, the preparation is easy.
Hazelnut and Chocolate Cheesecake
24 cm round cake pan
For hazelnut crust:
200 grams plain biscuits or graham crackers
50 grams hazelnuts
1 tbsp. praline paste
120 grams melted butter
For Frangelico cheese filling:
675 grams cream cheese
200 grams ricotta or white cheese 5% fat
100 grams sour cream
240 grams sugar
4 large eggs
2 tbsp. Frangelico liqueur
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
For chocolate and praline ganache:
250 grams dark chocolate
1 heaping tablespoon of praline paste
250 ml. heavy cream
For hazelnut nougatine tuille:
50 grams glucose or corn syrup
25 grams butter
60 grams sugar
60 grams hazelnut, coarsely chopped
- Hazelnut crust: preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- In a food processor with a steel blade put biscuits and hazelnuts and grind to a powder.
- Add praline paste and melted butter and blend until incorporated.
- Tighten the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of lightly greased cake pan.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden and slightly set. Cool at room temperature.
- Frangelico cheese filling: in a large bowl mix cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sour cream and sugar into a smooth batter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring between additions.
- Add Frangelico, vanilla and flour and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the baked crust.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160c degrees and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is set at the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Chocolate and praline ganache: in a small saucepan simmer the cream.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and praline paste and whisk until you get a uniform and shiny chocolate ganache.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake and smooth the top.
- Cool the cake in refrigerator for 5-6 hours until it is completely
- Hazelnut nougatine tuille: preheat oven to 180c degrees and line an oven pan with slightly greased baking paper.
- In a small pan put glucose, butter and sugar and cook to 106c degrees. Mixture should thicken slightly and begin to get very light amber color.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped nuts and mix.
- Transfer the mixture onto the pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Break the nougatine into asymmetrical pieces.
- Decorate the cake with nougatine tuilles and serve.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to a week.
- Add the nougatine just before serving.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of hazelnuts.