This tahini cake looks simple and plain, but if you like tahini you are going to love it. It’s soft, rich, fragrant and just the right cake to eat next to your tea cup.
The nutty sweet tahini flavor is achieved by combining tahini paste with sugar, and the almonds add some crunchiness in each and every bite.
Almond Tahini Cake
For the cake:
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar (if you prefer a sweeter cake – add 50 grams)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 80 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) water
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) raw tahini paste
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams chopped almonds
- Icing sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, oil, water and tahini until blended.
Add flour, baking powder and almonds (keep aside about 1-2 tablespoons of chopped almonds for decoration) and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle on top the rest of the chopped almonds.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is golden, set and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the tahini cake in a closed container up to one week.
- You can use any other nut you prefer instead of almonds.
- You can make the recipe in a 24 cm round cake pan too.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.