A delicious praline cake that is gluten free and nondairy, so easy to make and absolutely delicious. It’s made with lots of hazelnuts and praline paste, and spreads the most delicious scent all over the house while baking. This praline cake makes the perfect cake for Passover and for people who avoid gluten.
Gluten-Free Nondairy Hazelnut Praline Cake
22 cm round cake pan
For hazelnut praline cake:
4 large eggs
180 grams light brown sugar
2 tbsp. praline paste
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. hazelnut liqueur or brandy
100 grams vegetable oil
100 grams whole hazelnuts
100 grams walnuts or whole pecans
50 grams whole almonds
2 tbsp. cornstarch
Icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, praline paste, salt, vanilla, liqueur and oil until the mixture is smooth.
- In a food processor or blender grind hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds and cornstarch until you get a fine powder.
- Add the powdered nuts into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Serve with some sugar powder.
- Keep the praline cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, but you should serve it at room temperature, then it is at its best in terms of texture.